Monday, July 26, 2010

Girl Coming in for a Landing by April Halprin Wayland

Girl Coming in for a Landing is a novel in poems by April Halprin Wayland.  It's a sweet, sweet book for teenage girls.  The protagonist tell us about her life through her poems.  Poems about her crush, her classes, her friends, her sister, her family.

What I liked about this book:
  • a character I could easily connect with
  • her love for her family
  • the poem "Why I Am a Lot Like a Horse"  Funny name, but seriously I like this poem!  (I would print it here for you, but I'm afraid I'd be banished to copyright jail, so please grab the book and read it yourself.) 
  • It is the FIRST book I've read in one day--woo-hoo!  (Yes, I'm a slow reader.)
  • April Halprin Wayland's writing tips at the end of her novel
What I didn't like about this book:
  • the ouija board
  • the drawn picture of a topless girl...with nipples.  I'm just saying, it was unnecessary.
Overall, a great book! 

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some comment love.