Here is the list he sent me in the spring. My goal is to finish the list by the end of the summer.
- A Step from Heaven by An Na
- Girl Coming in for a Landing by April Halprin Wayland
- Inexcusable by Chris Lynch
- Homeless Bird by Gloria Whelan
- Monster by Walter Dean Myers
- American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Stones in Water by Donna Jo Napoli
- True Believer by Virginia Euwer Wolff
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey
The down side is that I miss out on the classroom time with my professor. I am anxiously awaiting his response to my email asking why he chose some of these books for a course at a Christian university. A Step from Heaven, True Believer, and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian--all of which I've reviewed on this blog-- are troublesome.